Thursday 27 June 2013

a day in town

I'm in Gothenburg for a few weeks and today we took the streetcar into town. It's so exciting to go shopping in a big city sometimes! I got the latest issue of the magazines Min Boudoir and Vintage Rock n Roll, which I have never ever seen in Uppsala! I'm so excited to read them, I'm going to go to bed right after I write this and start enjoying them!

I also got to go shopping for the sewing group I lead back in Uppsala, we get a little bit of money from an organization called Folkuniversitet and I get to spend it on things to help make the group better! Today I found a book about several types of handiwork (weaving, knitting, embroidery, etc.) at the second hand shop along with bags of different coloured wool, and I picked up a book of crochet patterns for small, cute animals and some basic sewing notions to fill out our stocks. It's so fun to shop for the group and try to find the best, most fun and useful things!

After that shopping spree we partook of an afternoon beer at a place called 7:ans Ölhall (beer hall), it's a real authentic old beer hall in the centre of town that's been there forever. It actually opened in 1900. The prices are not shocking to a small-towner like me and the atmosphere is great, check it out if you're ever in Gothenburg!

Speaking of, one of the cool things about this town is that certain corners of some neighbourhoods seem to have been left in a time warp. Especially one called Majorna. I'm going to go for a walk there one day soon and have lunch, I'll take pictures of all the cool vintage-y stuff I find!

And now for some reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment