Saturday 11 August 2012

My birthday!

Today was my birthday! Hooray!

It started with brunch with my mum and dad at my favourite old-fashioned restaurant, Russel William's in Burlington. Because it was by birthday I ordered the most enormous breakfast on the menu. It was hard to fit it all into the frame.  Yum!






Cute parents.

When we came home it was time to get ready for my cousin's wedding!

I had the bright idea that by standing on the bed to take a photograph I could try to disguise the total disaster which is my room. Clearly that idea did not work! My shoes didn't make it into the picture but I wore my beloved navy blue Ferragamos. They looked just right with this outfit, which I sewed myself from vintage patterns. 

The wedding and the party afterwards were wonderful. I was so busy talking, dancing, eating, dancing, talking, drinking, dancing, eating that I only managed to take this one blurry photo the entire evening!

All my nicest cousins that I hardly ever see were there and my cousin's new wife looked happier than I have ever seen anyone look. It was all lovely, and the band played all the best songs. We all danced and laughed and danced some more.

At midnight we left because my sister was getting tired, although I was not. It's saddest feeling I know to leave a party before you're ready!

1 comment: