Sunday 8 July 2012

tennis

What a weekend! I saw Aziz Ansari do standup, picked and ate two pea pods - the taste of fresh-picked peas is like nothing else - went to a barbecue at Allison's, and am now watching my favourite Roger Federer play the Wimbledon final and having multiple heart attacks as I wait for him to win.

I love tennis but if I care about the outcome I can barely watch it. I don't know what it is. You'd think I would want to watch and enjoy a close, well-played match but it's unlike any other sport for me. If I am supporting a player, I want desperately for them to win, unlike other sports where I just hope they'll make it. It makes it very difficult to sit still and watch a match without rolling around on the floor, jumping up and down, burying my face in the couch cushions, etc. I just love Roger so much. He looks and plays like a fairy tale prince. How could anyone possibly think they can beat him?

This rain delay shall end shortly, and in no time at all I'll be back with either glee or sorrow.

1 comment:

  1. haha gud precis såhär är min pappa <3

    ReplyDelete