Tuesday 17 July 2012

cocktail hour

I was looking around on the internet to find a nice drink recipe, something refreshing to beat this heat, and I have thus learned about a great drink, the Country Club Cooler. Don't let the posh name put you off, it's really good: simple and refreshing. Just 2 oz of dry vermouth, a teaspoon of grenadine, ice, and a twist each of lemon and orange zest. Top off with club soda. The drink is pink and fizzy, and it's a great way to put that bottle of vermouth that you keep around for martinis to use. Personally I hate having things around that see no action, although you wouldn't know it to look at my house.

Incidentally, sorry for the lack of posts around here lately. I have been having some technology issues (card reader refusing to read for a while) compounded with time management issues. Everything should get back on track after today though.

Happy sipping!

♥ Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment