Saturday 3 December 2011

Projects in Process

I almost always sew and bake more the more I have to do at school.  It's the best way to procrastinate.  This weekend I've been working on a paper about blogs, which makes it much more difficult to unselfconsciously make a blog post.  But anyway, here we go, let me show you what I've been working on:


I've sewn lots of things to take my boyfriend when we see each other next week!  I love sewing and I love sewing men's clothes, especially.  They have all the nice sharp edges and neat details that I love to make but don't usually wear myself.

First I made a light blue dress shirt, something everybody should have.  I hand-worked the buttonholes because my machine, reliable as it is in other ways, makes terrible buttonholes, and anyway, it's a skill I wanted to pick up. This is, I think, the first one I made.  They got better as I went along.

I also made a pile of monogrammed handkerchiefs.

It might seem silly, but I've always wanted to monogram something.  I love things that are just a little too unnecessary, too detailed, too old-fashioned.

I took quite a few in-progress shots so that I can make a how-to post later.

Finally, I've been making pyjamas.  My pyjamas are starting to get a bit fall-aparty, and this super cute kitten fabric is just the thing to make new ones out of.  



And, finally, I made some jams for my partner, too.  We need to be able to have pyjama parties, after all! All the fabric I used was already in my stash: striped seersucker, soft white cotton, and some lilac cotton for trimming.
  Phew! That's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment