Sunday 4 December 2011

the one where I get an andra adventsfika after all



I wanted so much to finish my paper today.  And I tried so hard, but it just wasn't working. So finally around five o'clock I gave up and made cookies, which I had been dreaming about doing all day.

I should probably rename this blog "Cookie Mountains." Or "Wierd iPhone Photos of Greedy Mounds of Baked Goods"

I used Underbara Clara's recipe here, the one I mentioned the other day, and they are so delicious.  I used a tiny bit more cardamom than the recipe calls for, on account of my cardamom addiction, and mine turned out a little rounder than hers - I forgot to flatten them out before baking. Ooops! I also made two batches because the first time around I was really not paying attention and accidently added an extra 100 ml flour.   Like all good recipes, this one can stand a little bit of screwing up by the chef and still give super tasty results.  I ate MANY of them.  Studying makes you hungry!


While eating many, many cookies I also finished the buttonholes for my pyjama top and sewed on the buttons.  I just need to get more thread and then I can finish sewing the pants.  Why do I always imagine that I can finish any project with just a single spool of thread?


The very important thing on my "to-do list" that I didn't get to today is finding my camera's charger! Meanwhile, you get a lot of instagrammyness.

Instagrammyness.  I told you I can't write today!

No comments:

Post a Comment