Monday 20 October 2014

Building a wardrobe

On Thursday I saw Julia Biel at the Stockholm Jazz Festival. It was an amazing concert and extra fun because I had a press ticket - I'll be talking about it in my radio show on wednesday so more on that later.

Getting ready to go though, I discovered an big hole in my wardrobe: I have nothing to wear for an evening out that's not either very casual or quite dressed up. What does one wear to a jazz club, or any concert for that matter where adult people are? My wardrobe right now is very collegiate (hey, if you're going to be a student, milk it I say!), with lots of nice-casual things for day and dresses for dinners and balls. I should edit that to say very Uppsala-collegiate, I think there's more dressing up here than a lot of other schools.

I really like the idea of having a 'complete' wardrobe - of course it would never be completely complete but I like working towards having something for every occassion (the same something works multiple times of course) rather than having tons of clothes and nothing to wear. One of my hobbies is really thinking about clothes, thinking about wardrobe staples and building up "the compleat wardrobe".

So not only did I see a great concert, and go to Stockholm, but I also get to start thinking about the next addition to my wardrobe: What does one wear for a weeknight concert (or theatre visit) in the city? 

No comments:

Post a Comment