Saturday 3 March 2012

Saturday in Toronto

Today I said "enough!" to studying, and went off to the city.

I missed my train so I stopped at the fabric store.  These are nice together, aren't they? I have a pattern for a "lounging outfit" - essentially glorified pyjamas - that will be just perfect!

Here I am waiting for the train.

I was wearing my new pants that I sewed myself, I just love them!

I took the streetcar along Queen Street E to meet my friend Tad for lunch.

This place has good burgers as well as a cool sign.

I ordered this incredibly gigantic and delicious bowl of mushroomy noodle soup for supper and managed only a fraction of it.  It's so huge that it came with a ladle instead of a spoon!

Then it was time to go.  We got coffee but I forgot to take a picture of it.  Here is what I saw while waiting for the streetcar, instead.


I wanted to meet my friend Ali for a drink afterward, but the subways were not running due to a broken water main, and it had become so very cold out and started snowing, and as you saw, I went out without socks for some reason! I didn't want to walk very far in the cold, so I went home instead.

Now I am here eating cheese and crackers and watching Mad Men, which is pretty nice too!












No comments:

Post a Comment