Tuesday 10 January 2012

Christmas is never long enough for me!



The Swedish Christmas season doesn't officially end until twenty days after Christmas, on Tjugondedag Knut, and since I didn't celebrate at home I've been taking advantage of this the last couple of days.  Staying home, with candles lit and Christmas music, and making a gingerbread house. I followed some instructions from Lantliv magazine to the letter, so it's not a very exciting project to blog about.  Normally I'm not much for following directions, but in this case I was so taken with the pictures in the mag, and especially with the beautiful blue windows (which you make with crushed throat tablets) that I copied everything.  I'm fairly happy with the results, but I wish I had rolled the dough better.  I just don't have enough patience for pepparkakor.  Once I get the dough fairly thin I just want to hurry up and cut it.  I never want to spend the necessary amount of time to roll it very thin.  I need a helper! I think I'll try this house again when I'm with my boyfriend again.


I want to sew some carrier bags today but time is getting away from me! I had to have my laptop repaired, and I've just got it back with a new hard drive in it.  I've been quite distracted by the project of putting everything back together the way I like it - you know, installing programs and Firefox extensions, tweaking settings, etc. I use my computer quite a bit and it won't feel like 'mine' until I put everything back to rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment